VP North America, Everteam
As Chief Customer Officer at Everteam, Ken Lownie works directly with senior executives responsible for Information Governance within their organizations. Ken is a frequent writer and speaker at industry conferences, including ARMA/InfoCon, FIMA and AIIM. He is a graduate of the Sloan School of Management at MIT and Colgate University.
Shining a Light on Dark Data
10.30am - 11.15am
What you don’t know CAN hurt you - or cost you a lot of money. This discussion will focus on the challenges, risks and solutions associated with the content hidden within repositories across your organization.
Benefits of attending:
- How to identify the costs and risks of dark data hiding in your data repositories
- Understanding technologies and techniques used to identify and remediate dark content
- Where dark content issues fit within an overall information governance strategy and typical project approaches to a dark content initiative
Questions for discussion:
- Has dark content been identified in your organization as a problem?
- Where does the issue of dark content fit in your organization? Is this an IT issue, the chief data officer’s problem or perhaps regulatory affairs concern?
- In your organisation, what is perceived as the biggest issue with dark content? Cost, risk or something else?
- How does dark content fit into your approach to privacy regulation and requirements?
- Do you have a software solution in place that addresses identification and remediation of dark content issues?
- What is the first step you can take in regard to the dark content problem when you get back to the office?